Terms & Conditions
Porter Terms & Conditions
Porter Bathroom is operated by Porsha Bespoke Ltd, whose registered office is at and can be contacted at Porsha Bespoke Ltd, Brookbuildings, Kesh, Co.Fermanagh BT93 1TF.
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to each purchase of goods made from Porter’s website www.porterbathroom.com, by telephone or in a Porter Bathroom Showroom.
Porter may change or update these terms from time to time and will publish any changes on this website.
By making a purchase, you undertake that all products ordered are for your own use and not under any circumstances for resale.
These Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Use of Website
The rights in the designs, pictures, logos, photographs, content and source code of this website are owned by or licensed to Porter Bathroom unless otherwise stated. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, republish, display, post or transmit any part of this web site without the written permission of Porter Bathroom. You may view or print individual pages only for your own personal use.
Copyright of any documents that are made available for download belongs to Porter Bathroom, its suppliers or third parties and are subject to the terms and conditions set out here.
With respect to the information available on this site, Porter Bathroom expressly excludes any representation or warranty (express or implied) to the fullest extent possible. Porter Bathroom makes no representations about the materials in this site, or any sites linked to this site. In no event will Porter Bathroom be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or other losses or expenses arising in connection with this site or use thereof, or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if Porter Bathroom, or a representative thereof, is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Links to other Internet resources are at your own risk.
In preparing this site we have endeavored to offer current, correct and clearly expressed information. However, since inadvertent errors can occur and since relevant laws and regulations often change, the information may be neither current nor accurate. Further, the information contained on this site is intended to provide general guidance on matters of interest. The content accuracy, opinions expressed and other links provided by these resources are not investigated, verified, monitored or endorsed by Porter Bathroom. The information on this site does not constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the issues discussed. No action should be taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon information on this site. Users should obtain specific professional advice concerning specific matters.
Through this site Porter Bathroom offers only the medium to facilitate users access to advice and information offered by third parties. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed and other links provided by these third parties are not investigated, verified, monitored or endorsed by Porter Bathroom and accordingly Porter Bathroom expressly excludes any representation or warranty (express or implied) in relation to such matters to the fullest extent possible.
Data Protection & Privacy
Changes to Terms
Porter bathroom may change the web site or these terms at any time. If you use the web site after Porter bathroom has changed the terms you will be bound by the new terms.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These terms and your use of this web site are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.
- GoodsStandard GoodsThe Goods are described in Porter’s catalogue or on Porter’s website or, in relation to Customized Goods, in the Goods Specification or Order Confirmation.Porter reserves the right to discontinue products. Porter also reserves the right to amend the specification of the Goods or the Goods Specification if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirement.
When Porter specifies the dimensions of goods, a tolerance of +/- 3mm shall be deemed acceptable.
- Material SamplesAny samples of materials provided are for example/illustration only. Variation is to be expected due to the nature of the natural products. Any drawings, descriptive matter or advertising issued by Porter Bathroom and any descriptions of the Goods or illustrations or descriptions of the Services contained in Porter’s catalogues or brochures or on Porter’s website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Services and/or Goods described in them. They shall not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
- OrderingAll custom orders over £500 require a 50% non-refundable deposit.
Lead-times begin with receipt of deposit payment and when all confirmed details are received.
Where bespoke items are made to order and are not held in stock. Pricing will vary depending on the level of work required for each individual order and costs/Lead-times are subject to change at the discretion of Porter Bathroom if necessary.
All in-stock items will be dispatched within 5-10 days unless otherwise agreed. All goods can only be shipped when invoices are paid in full.
Porter Product warranty will vary depending on the product Type. The products fall into the following categories;
- Wood, metal & marble bathroom furniture base structure’s – 5 year warranty.
- Brassware – 10 year warranty.
- Lighting – 5 year warranty.
- Ceramic – 2 year warranty.
- Other branded components (Variable depending on manufacturers own warranty.)
The warranty shall apply to;
- The structural integrity of our cabinets, marble or quartz tops, and their manufacture.
- All hardware used, including hinges, drawer slides & door closers.
- The warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the product and is non-transferable should the product be removed and re-fitted elsewhere.
Porter shall not be liable for the Goods’ failure to comply with the warranty because of;
- The defect arises because you fail to follow Porter’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning or maintenance of the goods.
- You alter or repair such goods without Porter’s written consent.
- The defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, unreasonable maintenance, a requirement to replace a standard maintenance part that is replaceable or exchangeable, willful damage, negligence, moisture or humidity outside the recommended Porter range, or other abnormal working conditions.
- Paint colours are liable to change over time depending on various factors such as exposure to sunlight and moisture in the environment and reasonable aging should accepted.
- If a product must be replaced and that product is no longer available, Porter reserves the right to use an alternative similar product.
- The warranty does not apply to reasonable wear and tear to the marble surface, including what Porter deems as minor staining, surface etching or any discoloration or surface scratching / scuff marks, caused by general use/ wear and tear. It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain the regular sealing of the natural surfaces, both marble/stone and brass and a natural patina & authentic appearance should be accepted.
- Any defects / faults should be reported in writing with clear images of the query for Porter to access.
- Porter is not responsible for damage caused by improper cleaning products or methods, nor damage caused by the installation and assembly of our products. For further care and maintenance information, please refer to Porter’s Maintenance & Care document.
Please ensure all details shown on the invoice are correct, including the delivery address if different to
the billing address. Any delivery to incorrect addresses may result in additional delivery charges.
Delivery of the Goods shall be completed upon the arrival of the Goods at the delivery location. The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods within three (3) days of delivery except for defects not apparent on normal visual inspection.
Any problems with the goods must be reported to Porter within three (3) working days of receipt of the order. Porter therefore recommends that you inspect the product to ensure you are happy that the goods have not been damaged in transit and all items are present.
Porter is not responsible for any repair or replacement work after the (three) 3 days.
Porter shall deliver the Goods to the location set out in the order confirmation or such other location as the parties may agree (Delivery Location) at any time after Porter notifies the Customer that the Goods are ready.
The cost of delivery will be as set out in the order confirmation, for further delivery information please refer to Porter’s Delivery and Handling document.
Porter is not responsible for delays outside Porter’s control. If the delivery of the Goods is delayed by any event outside Porter’s control, then Porter will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and Porter will take the necessary steps to minimize the effect of the delay. Provided Porter does this, Porter will not be liable for delays caused by the event. Porter will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods that is caused by your failure to provide Porter with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the goods.
You shall accept or take delivery of the Goods at the delivery location on the agreed date. You shall pay Porter’s additional costs caused by your failure to provide Porter with adequate or accurate delivery instructions or from a failure to accept or take delivery of the Goods in accordance with Porter’s Delivery and Handling document.
If, within 30 days of the delivery, you notify Porter that the Standard Goods are not required and you agree to return the Standard Goods to Porter’s place of business at your cost, Porter may (if Porter decides) and provided that the Standard goods are received by Porter intact, unused and in the original unopened packaging, agree to accept the Standard Goods and resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Standard Goods and shall repay or charge (as the case may be) an amount equal to the deposit and price paid less the restocking charge .
Returns/Cancellations will incur a restocking fee of 30% of goods total.
Goods must be returned unused and in perfect condition within 28 days of order dispatch.
Delivery charges will not be refunded. Only Stocked Items such as Lights and Taps can be returned. Return of Vanity Units, Baths, and surface tiles are not accepted.
Porter may deliver the Goods by installments, which shall be invoiced and paid for separately. Each installment shall constitute a separate contract/delivery charge. Any delay in delivery or defect in an installment shall not entitle you to cancel any other installment.
You are responsible for obtaining, at your own cost, such import licenses, export licenses and other consents in relation to the Goods as are required from time to time and, if required by Porter, you shall make those licenses and consents available to Porter prior to the relevant shipment.
Full payment on order for invoices under £500.
A deposit of 50% is required for invoices over £500.
Work will commence upon receipt of deposit/commence.
Receipt of payment is required when paying by BACs.
The date given for completion of goods is from the date the deposit/payment is received.
Balance of invoice is due prior to dispatch of the order.
Delays with payment will result in delayed delivery.
VAT is payable on all orders in the UK. Customers in the EU must pay VAT unless a valid VAT number or equivalent is provided and accepted by Porter Accounts. s
This guarantee is in addition to and does not effect your statutory rights.